Maine Trout Unlimited will be holding its eleventh Youth Camp this June 25 - June 30, 2017 at Evergreens Campground in Solon, Maine. Our Curriculum Committee has come up with a unique program, which features a comparison of brook, stream and river habitats. Couple this with fly casting instruction, fly tying and peak season fly-fishing on the Kennebec, and it will be an unforgettable week for our campers, the next generation of conservationists.
To make this what has been envisioned, we need Maine's best to step up and volunteer to serve as camp staff, instructors and Registered Maine guides. We have room for up to 12 people to stay all week as resident staff, and 3 additional beds for others that might need to stay a night or two. We think that's the best way to have a core group to provide quality and continuity for what we are planning to do. We'll need:
- Fly tyers and fishing partners
Following are all the requirement and application forms you'll need to apply in PDF format. Please send the completed forms via email to Willie Grenier, or mail to: Willie Grenier — MTUTC Staff, 10 Tardiff Street, Waterville, ME 04901. If you can't open the files, please contact me directly Willie Grenier to request your application packet.
You'll need the latest version of Acrobat Reader to open the PDF files below
Camp Requirements in PDF format
Camp Cover Letter in PDF format
Camp Application in PDF format
Camp Guidelines in PDF format
One of our guiding principles is to make sure everyone has fun. Your primary goal as a volunteer is to implement that goal: make sure everyone is having fun! Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind as you enjoy your time at camp with the students:
- If something is off-limits for kids, it’s probably also off-limits to adults. We don’t allow the kids to use tobacco products, alcohol, or illegal substances. Students can’t bring or use firearms. We hold adult volunteers to the same standard.
- Camp should have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. As an adult volunteer, we need you to help promote the kind of respectful, courteous behavior you would find in a great school. Any verbal abuse of campers or staff will not be tolerated and the adult volunteer will be dismissed.
- Safety is the highest priority for students and staff. Be alert to hazards and activities that create unsafe situations, and help avoid problems before they happen.
- Photos of the camp, staff, and students may not be published with out written permission of Camp Executive Committee.
The camp is run on private property owned by our wonderful hosts at Evergreens Campground, Joe and Lorena Albuit. Please introduce yourself to them during your stay. We want to make sure that you have a great experience volunteering. So have fun, enjoy yourself, and help us make this a great week for the students.